Every day, the lunch options are shared with the children and after answering the register, they will be asked what they are having for lunch so that we know who is having a packed lunch from home and who would like a school meal. This is when children will choose their lunch option – vegetarian, Halal, salad bar – so that the onsite kitchen are able to prepare lunches accordingly. School lunches need to be paid for in cash in the school office. Please pay in advance or on the day.
School Meal Costs
All children in Reception, Y1 and Y2 are entitled to a free school meal.
For all children in all other years there is a charge of £2.45.
Free School Meals
You may be entitled to free school meals if you are in receipt of certain benefits. These include:-
- Income Support
- income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- the guaranteed element of Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
- Working Tax Credit run-on – paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
- Universal Credit – if you apply on or after 1 April 2018 your household income must be less than £7,400 a year (after tax and not including any benefits you get).
Even if your child is in KS1, please still apply as the school receives additional funding (Pupil Premium Grant) for every child entitled to income related free school meals. You can ask at the school office for a form, or you can apply online here.
Reception, Y1 and Y2 receive daily fruit from the government scheme – there is no need to send in anything else. Children in Reception are also given the option of having milk during their fruit time, in addition to their fruit.
Years 3 – 6 Please bring in a piece of fruit or a cereal bar. No sweets, chocolate, crisps or nuts.
Water Bottles Are Welcome in Classrooms
It is very important to drink plenty of water as this helps our brains work better. At Cabot Primary School we encourage children to bring in a named water bottle to use during the day. This should only be water and not juice or squash. Water is available at lunchtime for all children in the Hall.